Tolesha M

Verified Reviewer

Pissed off hair fell out

Take product off shelf and discontinue product.Pay customers for their pain and suffering.Its a shame what Ive been through dealing with my hair damage and hair loss. I dont even like going outside in public because of insecurity and being ashamed.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Use to be a great product
Cons:
  • Hair loss and damage

Preferred solution: Pain and suffering for my hair loss = money compensation.

User's recommendation: None.

Featured
Shaimaa a Dxf

Urgent Update on My hair Health Condition

African Pride - Urgent Update on My hair Health Condition
African Pride - Urgent Update on My hair Health Condition - Image 2
African Pride - Urgent Update on My hair Health Condition - Image 3

Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inform you about a severe psychological and medical crisis that I am currently facing, which has left me in an extremely distressed state.

It has become apparent that my situation requires both psychological and medical treatment.

This past Sunday night, I experienced a significant deterioration in my hair health after using the "Olive Miracle Deep Conditioner" from the African Pride company. Just 45 minutes after applying the product, my scalp began to burn, leading to the distressing situation I am now facing. This issue has progressed to the point where I am unable to lead a normal life or even leave my home due to its appearance. Seeking immediate medical attention, I visited Polymer Hospital yesterday due to persistent pain and itching on my scalp.

Today, I also consulted with my primary doctor. Both healthcare professionals have conducted examinations, and I have all the necessary reports and images that confirm the inflammation in my scalp and the substantial hair loss I have experienced.

To provide you with a better understanding of the severity of my situation, I have shared images illustrating the inflammation of my scalp and the significant hair loss I have endured. It is truly disheartening to witness how my once beautiful and soft hair has turned brittle and damaged, ultimately leaving my head almost completely bald.

I find myself at a loss regarding the next steps to take, and I cannot overstate the emotional impact of losing my hair. I am reaching out to you for support and guidance in finding solutions to overcome these difficulties.

You're understanding and assistance during this challenging time would mean a great deal to me. The damage to my hair need a lot of expenses to fix the doctor and the salon need at least 6 to 8 months to my scalp and hair heal plus I need to add extensions to cover the damaged scalp and hair when i contact with company to deny any help.

Sincerely,

Shaimaa Hassan

Loss:
Pros:
  • Olive miracle

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: never very badddddddddddddd

Lori G Uuq

Awesome Product

African Pride - Awesome Product
!I absolutely love love love the "Aloe & Coconut Water" Derange & Condition Pre-Shampoo I have just one question...IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN MAKE THIS PRODUCT AS A LEAVE-IN...? Because the way it detangles, softens, and leaves you with a natural curly look, it NEEDS to be a leave-in!!! Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee!!!
Pros:
  • Soft de tangled hair
Cons:
  • Not a leave in

Preferred solution: Nothing but a response.

User's recommendation: If you have a lot of tangles in your hair, do not hesitate to purchase this product immediately!!!!

Opal D Zjq

Refund immediately

African Pride - Refund immediately
The African Pride relaxer did nothing for my hair. I want my MONEY BACK. This is false advertising. Shame.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Fake advertisement

User's recommendation: STAY FAR AWAY FROM AFRICAN PRIDE

Featured
Zania B

Severe Hair Loss

African Pride - Severe Hair Loss
African Pride - Severe Hair Loss - Image 2
African Pride - Severe Hair Loss - Image 3
I purchased the African Pride Olive Deep Conditioner anti breakage relaxer. Before my hair was even processed my hair came out in massive chunks with no warning such as , burning, itching or any kind of discomfort. While one of my locks fell in the sink I knew I had a problem. I was horrified when I looked into the mirror. Im am embarrassed and emotionally traumatized by this experience.
Pros:
  • It affordable
Cons:
  • It makes your hair fall out

Preferred solution: 2. Compensation for Pain and Suffering: The emotional and psychological distress caused by the loss of my hair is immeasurable. I request compensation for the pain and suffering I have endured as a result of using your product.

User's recommendation: Don’t Use this product

Guest

Maybe next time you will follow the directions and do the strand test prior to applying the product to your entire head

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426296

As a African American female I have been relaxing my hair since I was a child, so I am very much advanced in how to apply a relaxer to my edges. So this comment is more for a person who never used this product before. Thank for your opinion.

Candis W Tir

My hair fell out,

African Pride - My hair fell out,

Simply purchase the product in regular strength, applied it to a small piece of my all natural hair no signs within 5 mins thought everything was good to go, so applied to full head waited the normal wait time 20 mins went to wash out , and my hair started falling out. In chucks , it took all my length and left me confident that this wasnt my fault.

I am experienced in perm my own hair never not one time in nearly a lifetime have every been injured by a product. This is extreme .

The emotional destress in unreal, i am looking in the mirror, and going blank i just feel like i lost a part of me. Seriously, this is the worst

Loss:
Pros:
  • Non
Cons:
  • Hair loss and mental damage

Preferred solution: Recovery for emotional, and physical damages, such as treatment to recover my damaged hair back to its original state

User's recommendation: Please dont use

Guy S Mah

Hair ĺoss

My son's girlfriend just used African Pride Relaxer & came out of the bathroom crying that her hair was coming out in chunks. I will help her take action against the manufacturer.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Caused baldness

User's recommendation: Do not use African Pride Olive Lye Relaxer

map-marker Norfolk, Virginia

Severe Hair loss!

African Pride - Severe Hair loss!
African Pride - Severe Hair loss! - Image 2
African Pride - Severe Hair loss! - Image 3
I bought this product and applied to my hair as instructed and with no warning such as burning itching or anything to wash it out. After 3 minutes one of my locks fell out prompting me to wash bit out and I noticed a lot of hair in the sink and as I look at the mirror, I was horrified and distraught to see sever baldness all over my head. Im traumatized and emotionally Sickened. This product Olive Deep conditioning No Lye relaxer needs to be pulled from the shelves.

User's recommendation: Do not use

Angelika C Nel

My moms hair fell out and so did mine.

Original review Jan 14, 2024
My moms hair fell out completely and so did mine our scalps are burnt we are traumatized. We had naturally long hair. My mom was washing out the product and chunks of her hair all came out she was screaming and crying shes on anti depressants all her hair is gone. We never thought this could happen to us we just wake up crying everyday, this is a nightmare. Do not use this product, theres also already a lawsuit happening against this brand for causing Uterine cancer.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Non
Cons:
  • Hair loss mental damage

Preferred solution: There’s nothing that could fix this but a lawsuit.

User's recommendation: Don’t use this brand.

Tushar Kbl

HAIR LOSS

Hello My name is Shontelle Jones from Baltimore Maryland, And I'm also an influencer on tik tok , fb and my own blog..I recently purchased your entire African Pride line from the pre poo , shampoo , conditioner etc. I recently did a tik tok...Stating how I like the product and how it treated my 4c hair..So I continue to use the product and since then my hair has broken off and fell out.. I want to know what you are going to do about the damages to my hair. before I post on Social media before / after pictures and contact a lawyer..My hair was doing great before I started using your products.

User's recommendation: ABSOLUTELY NOT

map-marker Norfolk, Virginia

Immediately Baldness

I bought the Olive Deep Conditioning No Lye Relax and after 3 minutes started I noticed one of my locs fell out, so I look closer and saw a bald spot. I washed it out noticing all my hair in the sink. Leaving me with both sides bald and the entire back gone. I have been doing this every four months and never experienced this. No warning such as burning, itching or nothing to prompt me to wash it out. There are too many complaints of the same exact situation for this product to remain in the store. This needs to be removed from the shelves to protect other customers.

User's recommendation: Do not use this brand!!

Guest

The bald spot didn’t prompt you to rinse it out?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426299

Yes it did. And you are looking at the aftermath of rinsing it out offer 3 mins.

The product is simply a faulty *** product that needs to be pulled. Leaving it on the shelf to continue to harm other consumers is considered GROSS NEGLIGENCE!!

map-marker San Juan, San Juan Municipio

Horribleeee

My hair started coming out in chunks! While I was washing it ! My hair was beautiful and long ! Im so disappointed!

User's recommendation: Nope!!

Marian M Phs

Horrible product

African Pride - Horrible product

African pride Miracle No lye relaxer dont know where and how to begin. I am totally disappointed in your product.

I have just used the relaxer and it was worst experience ever. My hair is as dry as a straw, shedding and not to mention the incredible amount of hair loss. I cant look at myself in the mirror. I have lost a lot of hair and I dont think this is normal.

My hair was perfectly fine before your horrible product. It has ruined me.

Guest

I agree with your comments. Experienced hair loss after using the african pride no-lye relaxer regular.

Hair fell off from both sides of my head. Made a center part after relaxing my hair and patches of bare scalp can be seen. Hair feels fried and removing without even combing (just by using hands to rub the hair). Thought twice whether it was the relaxer or something else.

The lady who relaxed my hair never used scissors or anything like that after relaxing. First time using the relaxer and the experience was not a good one. Been relaxing my hair since childhood and this is the first experience of hair loss. So much patches of bare scalp on my head.

Had to apply hair growth products immediately to restore hair to fulness. The hair looks and feels dried totally. Applied lots of leave-in conditioner to moisturize hair.

PLEASE, DO NOT BUY AFRICAN PRIDE RELAXER. IT'S A BAD PRODUCT.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2341419

Look up stopthegenocide dot us it explains what is causing the damage millions of people are experiencing.

map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

My hair is falling out

I used African pride highlighting kit to dye my hair as I was renting out my hair all my hair started coming out I had to go get it cut because I have bald spots in my hair. Before dying my hair was healthy and was well nourished I had long hair almost down to my hip line and now it comes up to my ears

User's recommendation: NOOOOO STAY AWAY

Emaly Nsh

Look up https://***/ for detailed information

Emaly Nsh

This is company that owns AP. https://***/godrej-consumer-acquires-hair-care-firm-strength-nature They also manufacture rat poison.

Emaly Nsh

Look for coumarin in the ingredients list on AP products & others. It is a literal rat poison chemical.

Emaly Nsh

Look up www.stopthegenocide.com these products contain a rat poison chemical that is being combined with corrosives & other toxic chemicals which is the cause of the damage you & millions of other people are experiencing.

View more comments (4)
map-marker Waco, Texas

My hair is falling out

I bought the Shea moisture leave in conditioner and in one month my hair is falling out. So much so that I have to wear a wig. I've never used any of your products before and I never will again.

User's recommendation: Don't buy any of this companies products.

Emaly Nsh

Look up https://***/ also https://***/godrej-consumer-acquires-hair-care-firm-strength-nature is owned by a company that manufactures rat poison.

Shiba W

| map-marker Orlando, Florida

Who ever i spoke with was horrible.

The Customer service rep stated she was not an expert or had a lot of knowledge of products. Wouldn't answer questions about the cancer scare, was totally evasive.. could answer questions about if I could use a Wella hair glaze after I relaxed hair with Olive oil relaxer. Begin her call by coughing and clearing her throat in phone. Had a rude tone to voice!

User's recommendation: dont call customer service

About

Summary

African Pride is a hair care product manufactured by Strength of Nature Company. African Pride is in the list of such company's products as Dream Kids, Relax and Refresh, GrowthRenew, Strong and Healthy, Profectiv, MegaGrowth and many others. African Pride is one of the best solutions for taking care about African hair. Everyone knows that caring of such hair is quite difficult. With African Pride you will forget about all problems you have had before. African Pride is aimed to make hair care easy and simple process. Millions of people have already made sure African Pride is an effective hair care product.

African Pride reviews and complaints

African Pride is ranked 456 out of 1774 in Cosmetics and Personal Care category

Area Served

USA

Payment Methods

VISA

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article